Malo lava le soifua maua ma le lagi e mamā i lenei itula o le aso. Malo soifua, oʻu aiga ma uo! Manuia le Aso Tamā, loʻu Tamā. ♡
I just realized I didn't introduce my zone. My district is West District of Tutuila West Zone. I've already introduced the Sisters in my district, but the Elders are Elder Lemalu (District Leader) and Elder Lomat (greenie aka fresh in the field). In the Mid-West district are Elder Roebeck & Elder Moore (ZL's), Elder Morris & Elder Kapisi (greenie), Elder Clark (DL) & Elder Palelei (greenie), and Sister Hunt (day onezzz) & Sister Stone (we were in Savaiʻi together). I just realized the STL's aren't even in my zone! Lol, yall don't even care about this info, but it's my email, so I'll write what I please. 



Right after our district meetings, we've been having a Self Reliance class with Elder and Sister Bryce (our district Senior missionary couple). We follow the guideline on the Gospel Library app called "Finding Strength in the Lord: Emotional Resilience". The Tutuila missionaries are piloting this class as of now. The missionaries in Upolu and Savaiʻi aren't taking it after their district meetings. So this past class, we learned how we can change our common inaccurate thinking patterns to be accurate thinking patterns. What I learned is to stop and think of how the Savior would think. Anyways, I vaguely remember learning that from my Ward at home. It was a good reminder.
The highlight of this past week, though, was visiting the temple. Yep, we took the incy wincy
plane to Upolu and back for the temple. 
As we waited in the mission office until it was time to go, a few of the missionaries, including me, helped Sister Cline-Jones (mission health advisor) cook beef stew for dinner. It was fun! That was another moment where I thought, 'I'm a missionary!' And I was just in pure bliss being in that environment while also knowing I was gonna be in the temple not too long after that.
plane to Upolu and back for the temple. 
As we waited in the mission office until it was time to go, a few of the missionaries, including me, helped Sister Cline-Jones (mission health advisor) cook beef stew for dinner. It was fun! That was another moment where I thought, 'I'm a missionary!' And I was just in pure bliss being in that environment while also knowing I was gonna be in the temple not too long after that.I prayed to Heavenly Father in the temple with a question in mind and have been receiving small answers bit by bit as I've been searching for them. I came across a BYU-H devotional speech by Napua V. Baker during my search not too long after the temple trip, and she says,
"My brothers and sisters, it is in thy holy temple where the spirit is abundant and reveals how we can make mighty changes to become more like Him... Elder Cowley defines the meaning of the Maori word, kia ngawari, the name of a powerful song which I believe describes what the Lord wants us to do in the midst of changes He has or is making.
Kia Ngawari: To be humble, changeable, bendable, supple, those who can roll with the punches, and are dedicated and committed to following the leadership of the Church." ("Becoming", BYU-H Devotionals, May 13, 2008)
As a lifelong disciple of Jesus Christ, kia ngawari is what I need. Especially as a missionary. Earlier in the speech, she quotes my Grandma Barbara, who shares her favorite scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
I needed to be reminded of that promise, that the Lord will direct me as I trust and acknowledge Him with everything in me. I hope it was a good reminder to you too.
As we humble ourselves before Him in whatever situation we're in, He will help and guide us.
As we humble ourselves before Him in whatever situation we're in, He will help and guide us.Ou te alofa tele ia te outou ma fai atu nei mea ma le lotomaualalo i le suafa o Iesu Pele Keriso, ʻamene.
Sister Wihongi
Samoa Apia Mission








